FAKE NEWS BEGINS In 1897
In 1897, a little eight year old girl wrote to the editor of the New York Times asking if there really was a Santa, because her friends told her , "if it was published in The Sun, it had to be true."
At that moment in time the world came to an ethical crossroads. Parents, unwilling to dash the hope and beliefs of their own children looked to others . Members of the press held their breath with the ethical dilemma facing a prominent editor.
What happened next changed history , and the ethical standards of journalism forever, the editor lied, and sanctioned that lie under the cloak of an "opinion". And in reality , that letter was the first very public evidence , and endorsement of what is now known as "Fake News".
Every week hundreds of people email Q and ask one consistent question: How can they lie like that in court?
After years of research we can confidently provide four answers to factually answer those letters with more journalistic integrity than the prominent editor of the New York Times demonstrated back in 1897:
1. Judges have judicial immunity and are RARELY disciplined for actual crimes, much less illegal orders.
2. Lawyers are paid in divorce proceedings to lie, and are allowed to do so under California's Civil Code 47, which allows anyone to say and do anything during a lawsuit. Other states have similar laws.
3. Highly paid accountants, custody experts and even realtors appointed by courts are also allowed to lie in court. They actually make money in fees by lying and keeping your divorce or custody matter going. Yes, they are paid with your money to make up lies against you and to discredit you .
4. District attorneys never prosecute for perjury, never look at governmental misconduct in the county's family courts and will do anything to protect a corrupt local police force that will harass and arrest anyone who tries to speak up against the family court system, discounting it as a "private matter".
5. Mainstream media will not cover family law issues, and journalists are quick to dismiss the rapidly growing social media news underground, reporting on real stories, as "Fake News".
Sadly, judges used to be the gatekeepers of this conduct. Their job used to be to maintain civility in and outside the court. Today our courts are struggling for funds, so there is incentive to keep you in court forever, Courts are financially rewarded for not doing their job collecting mandatory federally assured child support and judges socialize and have financial relationships with the lawyers, custody experts , accountants and realtors they have the power to appoint an pay in your divorce case.
Public outrage is being fueled by real numbers, not fake news or family court lies.
In the numbers divorce filings are actually down, but because they are such and important revenue source to family courts, these cases are forced to linger for 5-10 years where millions are spent for court reporters, court clerk, judges, public information officers, custody evaluators , supervisor and lawyers for children those lawyers never bother to meet. Even the family courthouses in local communities outstrip the facilities of civil and criminally courts, telling you right where the money is.
Judges, once the respected and valued members of every community are now the crooks with the purse strings and the power to ruin the lives of the children trapped in family courts, where the judges , lawyers and court staff are paid with the equity of the homes and business of their parents.
The only way for all of this to change is for the public to start naming the judges and removing the bad ones from their communities, by way of vote, so that future families are not harmed. Judges who stop paying crooked lawyers and experts to keep the fighting parents in court longer, will succeed in resolving family law issues, not personally profiting from them. Judges have become bullies and villains , not the heroes we once thought them to be. Good judges need to speak up .
Additionally, the media needs to commit journalists with integrity to cover family law issues, and to investigate the thousands of crazy stories that come to them each year from the communities our print and online media claims to serve.
Finally, editors, even like the not so good editors associated with this site, need to admit that the editor of the New York Sun, lied to Virginia back in 1897, because there is no Santa and because people lie in family court.
"If I don't have the moral courage to challenge authority... we don't have journalism." - James (Jim) Foley, who was beheaded in a 2014 video by the Islamic State.